I held a presentation / training as a school assignment at my workplace Visma Solutions Oy on the topic of getting the most out of your Mac OS X computer with my favourite 3rd party software. I got some great feedback on the presentation so I thought I’d just share it with the whole world.
You might want to view my presentation and have a look at these apps if you’re using a Mac OS X computer and your’re looking for ways to be more efficient using your computer daily.
- Warm up - OS X built-in shortcuts and tricks
- A better terminal emulator: iTerm 2
- Alternative to bash: zsh
- Manage your windows with Spectacle
- smcpuff: why isn’t this built in to git?
- Back to basics: readline is awesome
- Spotlight on steroids: Alfred
- Keep your connections open with mosh
- Tmux: like screen, only better
- Learn and memorise keyboard shortcuts with Hotkey EVE
Some feedback I got:
Felt like magic! :)
Lots of new features that I didn’t know beforehand!